- Australia - The Work Health and Safety Bill 2011 was introduced into Parliament in July, implementing the Model Work Health and Safety Bill (the model Bill) within the Commonwealth jurisdiction, and constituting part of a system of nationally harmonized occupational health and safety legislation.
- China - New reporting requirements for environmental emergencies was passed and became effective in May. Under this scheme reporting timeframes for environmental emergencies of varying levels was enacted, along with what agencies are to be notified.
- India - E-waste management rules were passed in May to become effective in one year (May 2012). The new rules will apply to every producer, consumer or bulk consumer involved in the manufacture, sale, purchase, and processing of electrical and electronic equipment or components, collection centers, dismantlers, and recyclers of e-waste.
- New Zealand - The country has a new environmental agency, the Environmental Protection Authority (EPA) that will take over (from July 2011) environmental regulation functions from the Environment Ministry, the Ministry of Economic Development, the Environmental Risk Management Authority and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
- Taiwan - Amendments to occupational labor protection laws was sent to the Legislative Yuan for deliberation. The amendments address increasing an employer's liability and an injury and disease notification scheme among other items.
- France - The Grenelle II law is now in the implementation Phase. this law is composed of 199 decrees ensuring the implementation of 6 major environmental issues for building and urban planning, transportation, energy, biodiversity, risks, health and waste as well as regulating and monitoring.
- Poland - A new Act on Energy Efficiency was passed that will require enterprises to adopt measures that will promote energy efficiency and reduce excessive energy use.
- Ontario - The Occupational Health and Safety Statute Law Amendment Act received Royal Assent this period and puts in place a legislative framework enabling the Ministry of Labour to implement an advisory panel's priority recommendations.
- Mexico - New Regulation for Safety and Hygiene Committees for Workplaces was passed in April and became effective in July. It establishes the requirements for the incorporation, organization and functioning of the safety and hygiene committees in work centers.
- Israel - New packaging law effective in July that regulates packaging types, recycling, waste separation, and landfilling.
July 2011 Quarterly Review of International Environmental Health & Safety Legislation July 27, 2011 The Isosceles Group completed its latest review of new environmental health and safety (EHS) legislation for more than 55 countries and emerging global EHS trends. The latest compilation, available for purchase, includes more than 200 new pieces of legislation and covers the period of April through July 2011. Highlights of some of the new laws and regulations during this period are: