The objectives of the UIP are:
- To review the existing Union level measures related to POPs;
- To assess their efficiency and sufficiency in meeting the obligations of the Stockholm Convention;
- To identify needs for further Union level measures;
- To establish a plan for implementing additional measures;
- To identify and reinforce links and potential synergies between POPs management and other environmental policies and other policy fields; and
- To increase awareness on POPs and their control measures.
The final revised UIP on POPs will be submitted to the Secretariat of the Stockholm Convention.