- Further define chemical management-related terms;
- Provide additional requirements on new and existing hazardous substances;
- Provide provisions for an emergency response process;
- Address licensing and registration requirements; and
- Provide supply chain safety control measures.
The plan is to either repeal and replace Decree 591 on the Safe Management of Hazardous Chemicals, or recast the Decree as an implementing regulation under the new law after it is issued. While no public draft is available at this time, the first formal draft is expected by the end of the year.